Casual CCTV Operative
Ref no: 2289 - 2816
Salary: £10.71 per hour
Casual - as & when required
The Service - Housing, Neighbourhood and Building Service
As a service we take pride in our work by valuing others, focusing on what's important so that we make a real and positive difference. Our values are outlined in our Ways of Working and our Guiding Principles and if they reflect how you are and how you work then this could be the role that meets your expectations.
What is the role?
Working within the CCTV team within Community Safety you will report directly to the CCTV Manager. You will be responsible for the proactive monitoring of the City Council's Public Space Surveillance CCTV cameras located throughout the city.
You will also be responsible for the suite of cameras within various Local Area Housing schemes and community buildings. You will be required to liaise with varying customers who will include other PCC departments and external customers such as police and solicitors.
Your responsibilities will also include the management of the alarm panels within the building, checking the security of the building. You will also be required to manage access to the building as required.
Who is the person?
You need to have:
- Good communication skills both orally and written.
- Be computer literate and have good keyboard skills.
- A good working knowledge of current legislation related to CCTV.
- A friendly and professional approach to engage with internal and external customers.
- Excellent organisation skills to help support the smooth running of the control room.
- A flexible approach that can respond to the needs of the team.
- Assertive and resilient manner when engaging with difficult and challenging situations and people.
- The ability to use your own initiative
- The ability to work under pressure and prioritise accordingly.
There is no closing date - we will shortlist as the advert goes along. We may close the advert early if we receive enough suitable applications