Early Years Foundation Stage Lead Teacher
Salary: Inner London MPS: £29,664 - UPS: £48,244 - (with TLR 2b)
(additional responsibility points would be considered for exceptional candidates)
Contract Type: Full Time 32.5 Hours
Contract Term: Permanent
Required from: 1st September 2019
Due to the reorganisation of our EYFS Classes, we require an experienced, passionate and committed EYFS teacher to take the lead in developing and embedding inspirational learning environments and securing outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes in the Early Years.
We wish to recruit someone with a strong pedagogical understanding of how young children learn and make progress, together with a clear vision for turning ideas into reality and the energy and drive to build a team capable of delivering an exceptional educational experience for our children.
This is an exciting opportunity for a teacher passionate about the Early Years to:
- Develop their career within a highly supportive environment
- Work alongside a leadership team who genuinely value this phase of education and recognise the importance of high quality EYFS provision and early intervention
- Lead a skilled and dedicated team of like-minded early years practitioners
We are dedicated to appointing just the right person for our children and school. The knowledge, passion and ambition you have, no matter what stage of teaching you are at, is incredibly important to us.
We are a two-form entry primary school, situated close to Angel, Highbury & Islington and Essex Road stations.
We are looking for someone who is…
- Passionate about education in the EYFS, and the powerful effect a high quality Early Years experience can have on the rest of a child’s schooling;
- A creative, dynamic and inspiring teacher, able to enthuse and inspire children and adults alike;
- Knowledgeable about a wide variety of approaches to Early Years education, including international models, and able to use this to shape a vision for the EYFS at New North;
- Influential, able to network effectively, and be an excellent ambassador of our school
- Ready step up to playing a part in our continued journey to excellence
We can offer you:
- Enthusiastic and friendly children
- An exciting place to work – with supportive colleagues, attractive buildings and amazing outdoor spaces
- A very real opportunity to make your mark in contributing to whole-school improvement
- Dedicated non-contact time of at least a day a week
- A bright Leaders, governors and our whole school team are ambitious for our school’s future.
The New North Academy was formed from the merger of two schools in 2004. We moved into our new building, which enjoys state of the art facilities, at Easter 2007.
We have recently re-focused our vision for where our school can go. As a result, this is a really exciting time to be part of our school’s on-going development and allows potential candidates to share with us their own areas of particular strength. There may well be opportunities to utilise your areas of excellence across our school.
Ofsted judged us to be ‘good’ in September 2016.
We expect all staff to share the school’s commitment to the protection and safety of children and young people. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Our recruitment pack and application form for this post are available here, on our website or by contacting the school via email or phone.
A visit and/or conversation with the Headteacher prior to your application is warmly welcomed and can be easily arranged if you would like to find out more about the role available or to learn more about our school
– please contact Mrs Sylvia Lefever-Jones to arrange this.
Closing Date: 23rd April 2019 at 10am.
Tel: 020 7704 3900