Location: Based in Reading
New Directions is Reading Borough Council’s Community Learning and Skills service. We are funded by Government to provide learning opportunities to adults who most need our help and support. Here at New Directions we pride ourselves on not turning people away, and helping individuals progress on their journey whatever their personal goals.
Ofsted judged the service as ‘Good’ in 2011 and 2015. The whole service has been accredited by Matrix in 2013 and again in 2016.
New Directions require a qualified English tutor to teach adult learners in a classroom setting. The tutor will be expected to:
- Devise a programme of learning (scheme of work) with appropriate effective teaching and learning strategies, resources and assessments.
- Establish precise learning objectives, content and clear learning outcomes for all teaching undertaken.
- Support learners to access appropriate online learning programmes.
- Develop appropriate learning materials and delivery methods which meet the needs of the learners.
- Maintain attendance registers, learning plans and ensure learners are correctly enrolled.
For further information about the role, please contact Linda Stacey on 0118 937 4789 or email email@example.com
For application forms please contact Stephen Hunter on 0118 937 6800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closes: Sunday 28 April 2019.
Please do not send a CV. For the purposes of equal opportunities, we can only accept Reading Borough Council application forms.