Castle Point Borough Council is seeking to appoint a Legal Executive in the Legal Services Section of the Cabinet and Chief Executive’s Department. Applicants should be qualified as a Chartered Legal Executive.
For the post we need someone:
- who is a team player;
- keen to work with providers in the public, private and not for profit sectors;
- who can build respect and trust both within the Legal Service and outside;
- highly motivated;
- who is a confident communicator;
- who has excellent written and verbal skills
- who has management skills
The successful applicant will be expected to cover the following areas of law:
- local government law;
- housing and homelessness law;
- property law;
- residential conveyancing;
- civil and criminal litigation;
- data protection law
This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
You may speak informally regarding this post to the Strategic Director, Andrew Smith on 01268 882433 or Head of Law, Fiona Wilson on 01268 882436.
Please apply online via the Council’s website via the link below, where a full Job Description and Person Specification are also available.
You may also request an application pack by telephoning 01268 882294 or by e-mail to email@example.com CVs alone will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications: 4pm on Friday 26thApril 2019
Interviews are expected to be held week commencing 29thApril 2019
Castle Point Borough Council is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults and we expect all our employees to share this commitment.
Castle Point Borough Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer.