In Reading, we are at an exciting juncture in Adult Mental Health Social Care Services. We are continuing to re-shape how we work to better meet the needs of our residents,focusing on local enablement and community engagement.
We want to ensure that people are supported to maintain their independence and to improve the quality of their livesthrough a focus on prevention and early intervention in line with the Care Act 2014. We work with individuals and partners to ensure a holistic approach is taken to supporting vulnerable people experiencing mental health issues. Our aim is to help people meet their needs and achieve the outcomes that matter to them in their lives, involving the person and supporting them to have choice and control.
About the role:
We are looking for a dynamic and skilled Senior Practitioner to manage a small team of Mental Health Social Workers and carry a limited caseload. The ideal candidate must be HCPC registered and have significant post-qualified experience in Mental Health, supervision of Social Work and unqualified staff.
You will be accountable to a manager within Reading Borough Council but will work closely with health colleagues and other teams and agencies in the best interests of service users, ensuring council resources are appropriately allocated and managed.
You will provide specialist social work family intervention using systemic approaches in working with service users, their carers and their families as appropriate to their needs, ensuring they are involved in decision making. You will implement, monitor and review care packages and support plans with clear outcomes with a view to promoting independence within the Mental Health Act, Care Act 2014 and Care Management Policy and Procedures.
You will provide professional consultation and advice to staff in relation to the social care aspect of their work, supervise operational duties and manage performance. You will undertake Best Interest Assessments (BIA) as part of the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DOLS) legislation and take part in the BIA rota (if you have a qualification) .
With the ability to motivate and support others, you will work effectively with others and have an impact on the development of the service.
We can offer you:
- Peer and management support, professional development and the chance to be part of a team that delivers high quality services to residents.
- Excellent comprehensive staff induction, supervision and care and support planning.
- A supportive working environment.
- Clear pathways and opportunities for professional training and development.
- A culture of continuous learning.
- Opportunity to take up BIA training and/or refresher training if already qualified.
- Laptop and mobile.
- Flexible working options, depending on your job role.
- Initial 24 days (pro rata) annual leave with additional 5 days after 5 years continuous service.
- Local government salary-related pension.
- Discounted child care vouchers.
You must have:
- Proven experience of managing social care services.
- Social Work qualification, registered with HCPC.
- Professional knowledge of statutory social work with regard to the Care Act 2014 and other current legislation.
- Ability to identify and prioritise risks.
- Good IT skills.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent team work skill, and
- Be highly organised and flexible.
We are looking for a skilled, vibrant and confident individual, who can motivate others, supervise and practice manage staff, prioritise their time and add value and knowledge to our team.
If this is you and you want an informal discussion about the role, please contact Valbona Demiri on 0118 960 5612 or 07979 543 258
Closing date: 21.04.2019
Interview date: May 2019
An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be sought from the successful candidates.