Would you like to work in a multidisciplinary laboratory as a Biomedical Scientist in a unique and vibrant community in a stunning natural environment? If so, come and join our friendly team of experienced health service professionals in the beautiful Falkland Islands.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the Falkland Islands Government’s medical pathology and food/water testing facility. The department comprises Biochemistry, Haematology, Transfusion science, Microbiology and a food/water testing laboratory.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the provision of an effective and efficient medical pathology service, alongside an expanding food, water & environmental testing laboratory service for a wide range of individuals and organisations within the Falkland Islands.
This role will involve investigating and interpreting growth from the full range of clinical specimens received and participating in the laboratory’s quality assurance and quality control activities as well as contributing to staff training in microbiology.
In addition the post holder will be expected to join our multi-disciplinary ‘on-call’ rota and support the team in providing an effective food/water testing service, for which training will be provided.
This post is for an initial 2-4 Years Fixed Term Contract, with potential for extension by mutual agreement.
We are looking for people with:
- A BSc in Biomedical Sciences or related subject
- Health Care Professions Council (UK) registration
- An Institute of Biomedical Science Specialist Diploma in a relevant discipline (or equivalent)
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a clinical laboratory
- Familiarity with laboratory based quality management systems
- Experience of working with LIMS systems within a laboratory framework
- Starting Salary: Up to 37k per annum, depending upon qualifications and experience.
- 25% Gratuity paid upon successful completion of the contract.
- 30 Days Annual Leave, plus government and public holidays (totaling 41 days leave in total)
- Relocation Allowance, to help with moving costs.
- Flights package for you and your recognised dependents who accompany you to post. Including flights to and from the Islands at the beginning and end of contract.
- Housing for rent and a starter pack to help you get settled in.
How to Apply
For more information on the post and how apply online to join our team in a unique and breath-taking location, with penguins, dolphins and the wilderness just next door to your office, please visit our recruitment website: www.jobs.gov.fk.
Applications close at 20.00 UK time on 21 April 2019.
Applicants seeking secondment or interchange opportunities are welcome to apply.