This role is located within a dynamic and fast paced team where no two days are the same.
We are seeking to recruit an experienced, highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with a team approach and an ability to stay calm under pressure while managing competing priorities.
This is an important role being recruited for the Prevention and Inclusion commissioning Team within the Children, Adults and Families, Commissioning Service, working closely with colleagues, our residents, service providers and wider stakeholders.
As a Commissioning Officer, your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing commissioning projects, translating them into a work plan for delivery;
- Making valuable contributions to the work of the service, through undertaking reviews, supporting
business cases and the procurement of services in order to improve quality, value for money and
- Being involved in exciting and innovative projects and contract monitoring activities, taking
responsibility for key work streams;
- Supporting user and provider engagement associated with specific commissioning projects to ensure
they help shape and influence the key programmes of work.
- Degree or recent and relevant experience at an equivalent level;
- Knowledge of current relevant legislation, statutory duties, responsibilities, and best practice in
commissioning adult social care and children's services;
- Able to analyse financial and performance reports to inform the selection of appropriate
commissioning and procurement options;
- Proven experience of successful commissioning to improve outcomes for children, adults or families.
Advert closes: Sunday 31st March 2019
Interview and Assessment: Week Commencing Monday 8th April 2019