This is a re-advertisement. Previous applicants should not re-apply
Medway Council Landlord Services owns and manages around 3000 homes in the Medway area. Our performance is excellent when compared with other similar housing organisations.
We are looking for an experienced, dynamic and highly motivated housing management professional to join our Tenancy Services Team and help us continue to provide excellent Income Recovery services to our customers. Main duties include
- Being responsible for all aspects of income management and rent arrears recovery on a defined ‘patch’ of properties.
- Working closely with tenants in arrears to come to reasonable repayment agreements.
- Working closely with the Tenancy Management Team and the Welfare Reform Team to ensure rent arrears, other debts and other tenancy sustainment issues are responded to promptly and appropriately.
- Advising tenants on all aspects of rent and service charge issues.
- Dealing with general tenancy enquiries as part of a telephone duty system.
You must be able to demonstrate
- Experience of working in a social housing management or other customer facing environment.
- A working knowledge of arrears and income collection law and good practise
- A commitment to team work, and to providing excellent customer services
- A current driving license and daily access to a vehicle
- Able to prioritise and manage your own work load and meet competing deadlines.
In exchange we can offer you
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Generous local government pension scheme package
- Access to wider training and development qualifications
- Flexible working scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Access to CAREFIRST advice & counselling service
- Employee discount scheme for national and local retailers
- Assisted car purchase scheme
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted. All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email.
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/ for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.
If you would like to have an informal discussion before applying, please call Michael Opreshko on 01634 333507