Reading has an exciting, fast moving planning environment under considerable pressure for new development. The Council’s Planning Section requires enthusiastic and motivated planners to join the development management team.
About the role
You will be helping to provide a full planning application service involving the validation of planning applications, assessing a range of planning applications, carrying out site visits and then writing reports with justified recommendations. You will also help customers with their enquiries on planning matters and help prepare responses on enforcement of planning regulations.
- wide breadth of experience & responsibility
- Good potential for career progression
- Professional fees paid
- Training support
- flexitime and flexible working
- Town centre location
The successful candidates:
- Will ideally have some experience of working in a planning office
- Have a proven track record of being well organised and self-motivated to enable them to manage the caseload and meet required targets.
- Experience of dealing with members of the public (listening to their concerns, dealing with their complaints and negotiating with them) is required as is the ability to work alongside colleagues in the team.
- You also need to have excellent oral and written communication skills and have good IT skills.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- 24 days holiday plus public holidays (rising to 32 after service)
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loans
- A range of local discounts
For more information about this post contact Julie Williams on 0118 937 2461 or email@example.com
Internal Reading Borough Council employees must login via Employee Self Service to apply. If you have not yet been issued with your Employee Self Service account, or you have any queries, please email EmployeeSelfService@reading.gov.uk with details.
Visit http://www.reading.gov.uk/jobsearch for more details on how to apply online. Alternatively, call the Recruitment Team on 0118 937 2757 quoting the job reference number and the job title of the post you are interested in.
Please do not send a CV: for the purposes of equal opportunities, we can only accept Reading Borough Council application forms.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.
Closing date: 22 March 2019
Interview date: Tbc