Fixed-term contract: duration depends on apprenticeship
Hours: 36 (20% study and learning time)
We are looking for hard-working, motivated and enthusiastic people to join our apprenticeship scheme. Regardless of your age, previous experience or qualifications (although you must be at least 16 years of age and not in full-time education), we’re welcoming applications from those that show potential, determination and a drive to succeed. In return we can give you the opportunity to kick-start your career under the management of our skilled and experienced staff, whilst earning, learning and achieving nationally recognised qualifications at the same time.
We have a range of opportunities at different levels across our different departments, including:
- Business Administration
- Revenues and Benefits
- Human Resources
- Environmental services including Planning, Engineering, Surveying etc
- Customer services
- Health and social care
Previous work experience is not essential, but we are looking for people with drive, enthusiasm, the right attitude and some core skills such as communication skills, a good team player and ICT literacy. You must also have the commitment to complete the training and qualifications associated with the apprenticeship you undertake.
Please note, in order to qualify and be considered for apprenticeship funding you must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a GCSE level C/equivalent in Maths and English and be able to present original qualification certificates - if you do not hold these qualifications/certificates you must be committed to complete these via functional skills assessments as part of the apprenticeship.
- Only apply for an apprenticeship unrelated to any qualifications they hold at the same or higher level than the apprenticeship they wish to apply for. The apprenticeship being applied for must be unrelated in subject and content from the qualification already held.
- Not be enrolled on another funded apprenticeship or another funded further education or higher education programme at the time you start your new apprenticeship.
- Have the right to work and study in England and be one of the following:
- A citizen of a country within the European Economic Area (EEA) or have the right to abode in the UK and have been resident in the EEA for at least the previous three years on the first day of your apprenticeship.
- A non-EEA citizen with permission from the UK government to live in the UK, (not for educational purposes) and have been ordinarily resident in the UK for at least the previous three years before the start of learning.
Our apprenticeships are offered on a minimum contract duration of 12 months (some are longer depending on the level of apprenticeship you undertake), offer 23 days paid annual leave and a minimum starting salary of:
- £9951 per annum for level 2 apprenticeships (equivalent to 5 GCSE passes)
- £12,579 per annum for level 3 apprenticeships (equivalent to 2 A Level passes)
- £15,207 per annum for level 4 apprenticeships (equivalent to a HNC/Foundation Degree)
In addition there are further discounts available to apprentices and more information can be found at the Apprentice Extra website and Apprenticeship Connect website.
We’re extremely proud of our apprenticeship scheme and the achievements of our apprentices, many of whom have secured permanent employment with the Council and continue to excel in their careers.
There has never been a better time to undertake an apprenticeship! To register your interest please apply online by submitting your current CV and a short supporting statement outlining what skills, abilities and experience you can bring which makes you an ideal candidate for our apprenticeship scheme.
Please also include details of what types of apprenticeships you would be interested in so we can match you accordingly to vacancies as and when they arise.
More information about apprenticeships can be found on the National Apprenticeships website and Institute for Apprenticeships website.
Closing date for applications - Sunday 24th March 2019