HEAD OF SCIENCE FACULTY
START DATE: SEPTEMBER 2019
SALARY: MPS/UPS PLUS TLR 1C (£13,288 per annum)
The Department and Role
We are currently seeking a dynamic Head of Science Faculty who can lead colleagues enthusiastically and ignite students with a passion for the subject. The person appointed must have the capacity and skills to teach Science up to A-Level.
You will be joining a highly successful department with hard-working, enthusiastic and effective colleagues. The department consistently generates excellent outcomes from students.
What Do We Offer?
- Supportive, collaborative Department and School
- Leadership training and development opportunities
- Exceptional CPD
- Outstanding support and Guidance for NQT’s
- Outstanding career development
Chingford Foundation School has recently received the accolade of appearing in England’s top 100 schools for sustained improvement in its academic outcomes. This placed the School in the top 3% of non-selective, state-funding schools. We are also pleased to host a Sixth Form Centre which was rated as “Outstanding” by OFSTED.
- 70% of Year 11 students achieved a standard pass in English and Maths
- 30% of students achieved the EBACC
- Attainment 8 score of 48.3 (indicative national average 46.3)
- Over 50% of A level entries at grades A*-B, 20% A*-A
- 24 subjects at A Level had a 100% pass rate
- BTEC Level 3 – 93% D*/Distinction
- A wide range of university offers and subjects including 31 students placed at Russell Group universities and 2 Oxbridge places.
Our school seeks to challenge and extend students of all abilities and backgrounds and will provide them with the secure learning foundations to lead happy and successful lives while also enabling them to make positive contributions to the communities in which they live.
Our commitment to quality, achievement and the “comprehensive ethos” makes us the natural first choice of students, parents/carers and staff who are keen to contribute to the successful development of tomorrow’s young citizens.
If you would like to join a school that aims to provide a secure, caring and stimulating learning environment through expert teaching and support staff ensuring all students achieve their full potential.
Where staff are hard-working, committed, supported and valued, then please download an Application Form and further details from the school website (www.chingfordfoundation.org) and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to the above address.
Closing date: Thursday, 21st March 2019, 9am.
Interviews: shortly afterwards
The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure Check.
The Trust requires that all adults who work with pupils promote pupil safety and wellbeing; adhering to Trust policies to ensure effective Child Protection and Safeguarding provision, either directly or indirectly.
Please note that if you are not contacted within two weeks of the above closing date, that you can take this to mean that you have not been shortlisted.