Business Admin Apprentice
London Borough of Redbridge - Work Redbridge Service
Salary: £10,511.42 (age 16-20) £13,233.13 (age 21 or over)
(1 Year Temporary Contract)
Deciding on a Career path? That can be one of life's most difficult decisions.
* Do you aspire to a worthwhile career?
* Are you motivated to take further qualifications in order to advance?
* Would you like to earn while you learn?
* Would you like 22 days paid leave a year plus an opportunity to work flexible hours?
* Would you like to work locally - making a contribution to your own community?
If you would, then you may just be the person we're looking for!
We are looking for an apprentice who wants to start a career in Local Government. The Council's Apprenticeship Scheme offers on-the-job and part-time study opportunities that will help you make a real contribution to the work of the Council serving Redbridge residents. The Scheme offers you an opportunity to gain a nationally recognised, professional qualification whilst gaining valuable work experience within the Council.
This apprenticeship opportunity is based in the Work Redbridge Team
Work Redbridge is a council service that supports Redbridge residents looking for support with finding work, training, volunteering or with starting a business.
As an apprentice, you will gain familiarity with and learn the full range of general office duties and procedures such as filing, photocopying, answering telephone calls, taking and delivering messages as well as dealing with routine email and telephone queries as appropriate.
You will be an integral part of the Work Redbridge Team, and undertake a range of administrative tasks that support the work of other team members to achieve their work priorities. This will include:
* Assisting with all appointment bookings and logging customer details on the CRM system
* Using Word/Excel and PowerPoint to produce letters and documents
* Managing the email inbox and responding to public queries quickly and efficiently
* Providing support with the delivery of projects and tasks that ensure an effective and efficient service.
You should complete your application as fully as possible giving as much information about your skills as possible and any relevant experience and interests. For example, tell us about your skills using IT, give us examples of working in a team, what communication skills you are good at i.e. written, verbal, face to face, on the telephone, and what customer care skills and experience you have.
This is a really great opportunity to get started on your career or take a career change.
Whatever your background or age, we would be interested in hearing from you. Please apply using the online application form.
Interviews to be held 12th April 2019.
Ambitious for Redbridge