This role is located within a dynamic and fast paced team where no two days are the same.
We are seeking to recruit an experienced, highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with strong team and matrix management approach with the ability to stay calm under pressure while managing competing priorities.
This is a key senior strategic role within the commissioning business unit, working closely with colleagues, our residents, service providers and wider stakeholders.
As a Strategic Commissioning Manager, your responsibilities will include:
1. Leading a portfolio of projects within the Prevention and Inclusion team, which includes commissioning services for those with Mental Health Needs as well as programmes of work across the whole spectrum of need and age groups and aims to prevent or delay the need for more intensive or institutional support.
2. Developing and implementing robust governance arrangements for the department's commissioning activity.
3. Developing strategic priorities and lead the work on the design and commissioning of services for Children's, Adults and Families.
4. Managing a team of commissioners, working with stakeholders of all kinds, to improve outcomes and service quality whilst delivering public value.
1. Substantial knowledge and skills as an 'end-to-end' senior commissioner; with a strong track record in the delivery of complex commissioning projects within an equally complex, provider market environment.
2. Extensive experience managing teams, promoting staff development and learning.
3. Expert in current legislation and guidance relevant to children's and adults' social care, education and health.
4. Substantial knowledge in programme and project management, from inception to implementation.
Advert Closing Date 19/03/2019
Interview / Assessment Date 29/03/2019