Please note this is a part time role for 7 hours and 5 minutes per week on weekdays for 39 weeks per year
STOP! Are you looking for an opportunity to support your community in a socially rewarding and invigorating way?
The role of School Crossing Patrol Officer/Lollipop Person is ideal for someone who is looking for a good reason to get up bright and early each morning and has a little time to spare (once in the morning and once in the afternoon, both for approx. 45 minutes) to help the community and ensure the safety of all pedestrians crossing the road to and from school and its surrounding locations.
GO! If you think you can help out your local school please read on and apply below.
- To have regard for the needs of people with disabilities, especially mobility impaired people wishing to use the crossing point.
- To maintain regular contact with the schools attended by children using the crossing.
- To regularly assess the risks associated with operating at the crossing site in order to identify any problems. Report problems and defects to supervisor.
- To assist in the preparation of reports on accidents and failure to stop incidents and other incidents occurring at the crossing site.
- To ensure that all uniform and equipment provided is maintained in good condition and replacements requested when needed.
- To give clear signals to drivers when stopping traffic and ensuring that the traffic remains at rest until the road at the crossing point is clear of pedestrians.
- When requested, to assist with road safety and pedestrian training.
We are looking for a punctual and reliable individual who is approachable and enjoys engaging with the public.
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.