Please note this role is fixed term until March 2020. Salary offered will be dependant on experience and qualification.
Family Solutions is an Early Help service in Essex working holistically with disadvantage families, with multiple difficulties to enable them to make significant changes and improvements to their lives. Family Solutions is part of children's social care and was described as "exceptional" by OFSTED in their recent inspection which judged children's social care as "outstanding".
An exciting fixed term opportunity has arisen in the highly performing South team. The team is based in South Essex, but covers the district council areas of Basildon, Castlepoint and Rochford. The successful candidate will need to travel independently across this area by car. The post fixed term opportunity will run until end of March 2020.
The work of a Link Family Worker is complex, sometimes challenging, but always varied and rewarding. Key aspects of the work include:
- Working closely with families to build strong relationships with all family members.
- Promoting positive change with families.
- Provide both practical and specialist advice as well acting as a lead coordinator for additional support services where appropriate.
- Managing your own caseload
- Managing safeguarding risks to children
- Taking the lead on an area of professional practice for the team through supporting team members, and liaising with professionals outside of Family Solutions
- Responsible for determining the direction and actions required in order to progress cases forward on a day to day basis; recognising when key decisions regarding risks/concerns need to be referred to the Team Manager or Practice Supervisor.
- Responsible for undertaking holistic assessments of family needs to help create intervention plans and identify how outcomes can be achieved that fully reflect the family and young person's views and aspirations; delivering interventions, including group work programs, to support families to make change.
- Responsible for facilitating complex family meetings, managing the potentially competing views of families and professionals, in order to find achievable solutions.
- Responsible for undertaking individual and group programmes of work to enable children and families to develop their skills to resolve issues and problems themselves; providing information and accompanying families to help access other local services.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Practical experience of working with families with multiple and complex needs.
- Effective communication skills, good problem solving and assessment skills with a demonstrable track record of building and sustaining positive professional relationships with individuals and families with multiple and complex needs.
- Experience of applying a solution focused approach and providing practical advice and support to families to enable them to achieve positive and sustainable outcomes.
- Ability to work in partnership with others to maximise outcomes for families in line with the Family Solutions operating principles.
- The role requires you to be mobile throughout a wide operational area including, and occasionally transporting service users. Driving licence and car is essential.
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.