We now have an opportunity for a part time Business Support Manager within our Safeguarding and Care Service to manage the administrative support service to the Partners in Change Hub and the Senior Leadership Team in a busy and pressurised office environment.
In Brighton & Hove we have introduced a Team Around the Relationship Model to enable us to continue to support safe and stable family lives. Our Business Support service is essential to our relationship based model and we believe that investing in our business support is key to supporting front line staff who are focusing on the work with children, young people and families.
The Partners in Change project builds on the learning from our model of relationship-based practice and the national Innovation Programme to develop a whole-family approach to supporting adults in families to address their substance misuse or mental health issues and, thereby, safeguard their children. The project consists of specialist support to help social workers provide assessments and interventions which respond to the needs of children and their families in a timely manner and promotes excellent social work practice across the system.
You will need to be highly organised and have an ability to work both independently and as part of a team. You will need to enjoy solving problems and managing an evolving workload with experience of effectively planning, organising and prioritising resources across the service.This role involves the use of various computer packages and requires you to be able to monitor and analyse data for your team as well as running reports to ensure adherence to statutory deadlines.
Main advert detail
This vacancy is for 23.50 hours per week.
Key skills you can offer:
• Proven experience of leading and managing the work of a large team and managing people.
• Proven experience of managing performance of staff, implementing HR processes including recruitment.
• Good experience and understanding of budget/financial management/monitoring and concepts.
• Experience of setting targets and monitoring performance indicators and using these to improve the performance of a team.
Our offer to Business Support Managers
• career average pension scheme
• 23 days leave a year, rising to 27 days after 5 years service
• 1-2-1 support from the Business Manager
• A programme of learning and development opportunities through our Learning Gateway
• An online toolbox of resources to support the work of the Business Support.
• Peer support from other Business Support Managers across the service
• Benefits such as: bus ticket and cycle loans; reduced cost gym membership with Freedom Leisure
For further information regarding this role, please contact:
Dina Wickham, Business Manager, Families, Children & Learning - 01273 295864
Interview Date: Monday 25th March 2019.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community but particularly encourage applicants from a BME or White Other background as well as those who identify as disabled, LGB, male or trans as these groups are currently under-represented in our Directorate workforce.
As part of Brighton & Hove City Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process, without prior notice if a suitable redeployee (internal employee at risk of redundancy) is identified.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.