KS2 class Teacher
Required from 1st September 2019 The Governors are seeking to appoint an excellent classroom practitioner to join our team. We are seeking a colleague who:
· is passionate about teaching and learning
· has high expectations of children
· is innovative, enthusiastic and flexible
· is committed to developing the whole child
· works well as part of a team
· is willing to be involved in the whole life of the school and committed to working with parents and the wider community
· is a practising Catholic or sympathetic to the aims and objectives of the school
We can offer:
• the opportunity to work in a happy, welcoming and caring school
• conscientious, supportive and enthusiastic staff
• good opportunities for career development
• motivated children who are keen to learn
• supportive parents and governors.
All applications must be received by 12.00 noon on Monday 18th March 2019. Shortlisted candidates will be informed by telephone on 19th March 2019.
On Thursday 28th March 2019 candidates will be required to teach an English lesson or Mathematics lesson for approximately 30 minutes to a KS2 mixed ability class. At the end of the morning, the selected candidates will be called for the formal interview in the afternoon.
The decision of the appointment panel will be informed by the following:
· application form and supporting letter
· lesson observation
· performance during formal interview
Due to the nature of work the above post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and relevant care/safeguarding legislation and appointment will only be confirmed if a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure is obtained from the Criminal Records Bureau.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
A tour of the school will take place on Wednesday 6th March at 4.00pm if you wish to attend.