We are an inclusive and welcoming school set in lovely wooded grounds on the western side of Reading.
We currently have 459 children on roll, with two classes per year group as well as a nursery class.
OFSTED told us in July 2019 that we are a good school with “a passion and a determination to provide the best possible education for the children in your care”. They also said that “pupils love their welcoming school and say that it is easy to make friends at English Martyrs. They say that they feel safe in school and know who to talk to if they have any worries.”
Would you like to become part of our nurturing and supportive school community?
We are looking for a teacher who is:
- Supportive of a Catholic vision of education
- A caring, inspirational, dedicated and effective classroom practitioner
- Hardworking, enthusiastic, imaginative and able to work as part of a team
- Committed to helping us give our children the best possible education
- Able to laugh at life’s ups and downs
In return, we can offer you:
- A community with a strong Catholic ethos which welcomes everyone as equal
- A school community who have kind, supportive relationships and genuinely care about each other
- Happy, well-behaved and well-mannered children from a wide range of backgrounds and ethnicities
- Supportive governors and parents who are enthusiastic about the school
- Opportunities for continued professional development
We welcome enquiries and would love to meet you for a chat and a tour of the school.
Application forms can be obtained from the school office by email email@example.com and from the school website www.englishmartyrs.reading.sch.uk
Closing date: 18 March 2019
Interviews: 27 March 2019
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people, and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS will be sought for the successful candidate.