Hillingdon Council: Putting our residents first.
About the job
We are looking for two Seasonal Greenkeepers to work at our golf courses.
As a Seasonal Greenkeeper you will join Hillingdon Council's Golf Team at Haste Hill, Ruislip and Uxbridge Public Golf Courses.
You will be working as part of this team to ensure an excellent service is delivered to our residents and other service users.
The position will offer a variety of agronomic maintenance tasks including grass cutting, manual weed control, strimming, bunker raking, moving of tee markers, emptying of litter bins, maintaining planted areas including bedding, shrubs and hedges, and general course tidiness.
The fixed term contract will be up to 26 weeks. Hours will be based on 36 hours per week.
About the person
You will ideally have an NVQ Horticultural qualification, however we will consider individuals who demonstrate a passion for the industry but who have not had much practical experience.
It is not a requirement that you play golf but if you do and have a knowledge of the game, this will be an advantage
You will be able to safely operate a broad range of grounds maintenance powered machinery.
A proactive approach to work is a must. You should be conscientious, flexible and a good time keeper with a willingness to work weekends and bank holidays if required.
A driving licence is essential as you will be required to travel between the golf courses.
You will enjoy working as part of a team and able to work alone.
Job offers are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks. This includes, your eligibility to work in the UK references covering the last 2 years of employment and a medical clearance. We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but mayinclude:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 23 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
Disability Confident Employer & Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy
Additional Information continued
Disability Confident Employer
& Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy