Folkestone & Hythe District Council, based in Folkestone, Kent, serves a population of 108,000 and covers a district of 140 square miles. The M20 offers easy access to London and the high speed rail service offers travel times to the capital of under an hour.
The council works to six key objectives:
• More Homes
• More Jobs
• Appearance Matters
• Health Matters
• Achieving Stability
• Delivering Excellence
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, customer-focused individual with excellent customer service skills to join our Customer Services Team.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work from home (on a rota basis once fully trained), undertake a NVQ Level 2 qualification in Customer Service and to benefit from our employee rewards scheme.
Key qualifications / knowledge:
• To work as part of a team to provide a professional and efficient first point of contact for council services across all access channels (online, web chat, social media, phone, email, face to face & written correspondence).
• GCSE grades A-C or equivalent
• Recent and relevant experiences in a Revenues, Benefits, Housing or Customer Service environment
• Competent user of IT, particularly Microsoft Office
• Confident in helping customers to self-serve
Some experience in the areas above would be an advantage however training would be provided.
Above all, if you have a flexible approach to work, excellent communication and customer service skills and have the ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative then we want to hear from you.
The hours will include some evenings (5pm to 8pm) and Saturdays (9am to 2pm).
For an informal discussion please contact Indeera Trelokie (Senior Customer Services Officer) on 01303 853338 or Indeera.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 9.00am on 20th March 2019
Interviews will be held on 1st and 2nd April 2019