North Somerset Children’s Centres are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Community Services Officer to work at Portishead Children’s Centre as well as working across all Children Centres in North Somerset. This post will provide dedicated administrative support to the Short Breaks Team. This team provides short breaks to children and young people with additional needs aged up to 25. You will also be required to travel to other Children Centres in North Somerset to provide reception cover as well as completing administrative tasks.
You will need:
- Excellent communication and customer care skills
- A broad knowledge and understanding of administrative systems
- To be able to work independently to resolve problems and queries
- Previous office and finance experience
You will be:
- Dealing with all administrative tasks for the Short Breaks Team
- Working in a Children Centre environment, where children and families attend
- Working in partnership with parents and carers to offer an accessible and welcoming environment
- Working as part of the Children Centre team, partner agencies and community groups
- Supporting the quality of the Short Breaks Team and Children’s Centres.
This post is exempt under the provisions of the Rehabilitations of Offenders Act (Exceptions) Order 1975 and is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
For an informal discussion, please contact Tracey Wells on 07766 366110 or Suzanne Thorne on 07775 406579.
Anticipated interview date: Thursday 21 March 2019
North Somerset Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sections of our community regardless of age, disability, gender, race, religion, belief or sexual orientation. North Somerset Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.