This post is based within the Property, Estates and Facilities team, which is a busy service area working hard managing the Councils land and property portfolio. You will report to the Principal Estates Surveyor providing expert professional advice to support the operation of the Council’s General Fund asset portfolio
The work is varied and we are looking for an experienced general practice surveyor with a "can do" attitude. The work will include activities such as rent reviews and lease renewal negotiations, acquisitions, disposals, management of the Councils recently awarded asset valuation contract and general landlord inspections.
You will have demonstrable experience of working within a multi-disciplined practice, which may be in the public sector, but this is not essential. You will be well organised, an excellent communicator, adaptable and flexible in your approach yet possessing strong negotiation and influencing skills.
Does this sound like you? If so then we want to hear from you
The post is based at the Civic Centre, Littlehampton and will involve site visits throughout the district to Council estate and premises.
For an informal chat about the post please contact Charles Hothersall, Principal Estates Surveyor on 01903 737729 or email@example.com.
We offer in return:
- Up to 32 days paid annual leave plus paid Bank Holidays (subject to continuous service) - PLUS Flexi-Time including an opportunity to accrue a further 12 days flexi leave per year
- Freemembership at local leisure centres
- Excellent Contributory Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work discount/Christmas Savings/Save As You Earn Schemes
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives including on site exercise classes, free health checks, free eye tests and an option to pay into a Simplyhealth Care plan
- Training and Development Opportunities
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 17th March 2019
INTERVIEW DATE: to be confirmed.
Arun has a commitment to equality of opportunity in employment. If you have a disability which makes it difficult to complete our application form, please contact the Human Resources Department, who will assist you with your application.