Salary from £24,894 pa to £33,657 pa dependant on skills and experience
We are looking for an enthusiastic policy planner to join our planning policy team who are responsible for the preparation of the Local Plan and other documents, which are used to guide future development of the Borough.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to get involved in a wide range of development projects, working with a range of stakeholders and the local community, across a diverse and beautiful borough.
Other key elements of the role
- Developing planning policies and guidance
- Research and evidence gathering to inform local policy
- Supporting communities in developing Neighbourhood Plans
- Prepare evidence for examinations and assisting in presenting the council’s case.
Ideally, you will have experience and knowledge of the planning system. Importantly, you will need to be enthusiastic, have an interest in, and be prepared to develop in the planning field and have;
- The ability to communicate effectively both orally or in writing
- A willingness to undertake postgraduate or other training leading to a recognised planning qualification (if required)
- The ability to work within a team
We can offer
- Support to develop your potential by providing you with a broad experience in planning policy in one of the most diverse and exciting boroughs
- Opportunities to gain professional qualifications and for professional development
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexible working with some working from home
- A great place to live just 38 minutes from London
For an informal discussion please contact Dan Carter, Principal Policy Planner, 01233 330238
Closing date: 18.03.2019
To view a job description and to apply please visit the jobs page of the website at www.ashford.gov.uk/jobs
Ashford Borough Council recognises the need to ensure the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults when they come into contact with the services we provide