Due to continued and significant long - term investment in Southwark's Parks & Leisure Services we are pleased to offer a number of exciting opportunities to come and join our bold, creative and successful Parks and Leisure Team. We want you to bring your experience and track record of achievement and be part of Southwark's commitment to improve the health and wellbeing or all its residents.
Southwark is one of London's most diverse, vibrant and exiting Boroughs with a significant regeneration underway which is transforming our communities. The Council is committed through its 'Fairer Future Promises' to residents to deliver significant investment of over £20m across its parks and leisure facilities.
We are seeking to appoint to a number of posts in the Parks Business Development Team.
Southwark is home to award winning parks and open spaces with 29 Green Flags and a commitment to secure more. We have a comprehensive programme of new facility development and infrastructure projects in our parks. Our Cemeteries and Crematoria are also undergoing an important transformation with significant investment and focus. All of these areas are key contributors to the wider social regeneration of the Borough and we want highly motivated, enthusiastic, and committed people to help us deliver in these key roles.
We have vacancies for two project managers to join the team.
You will bring experience across one or more of these areas, have a strong track record of achievement, be a collaborative team player and keen to play your part to shape and deliver the future of these services.
* Experience of producing specifications and overseeing project plans for a broad range projects, including the improvement or development of parks, sports facilities, playgrounds, and cemeteries. The projects may also include major procurement and the development of quality assurance systems.
* Experience of project management of complex capital and revenue funded projects - of varying size, scale, and duration - that will have a long term impact on the green infrastructure of the Borough, and directly impact on the Council's ability meet its strategic goals.
* Ability to provide expert advice and have extensive knowledge of commissioning and procurement of projects.
* Lead on the preparation of funding bids and applications either internally or to external bodies to increase funds available for the delivery of parks projects.
* Excellent communication skills and experience of working with key stakeholders, partners and community organisations.
For an informal discussion please contact Deborah McKenzie Policy and Programme Manager for Parks and Leisure on 020 7525 0870
Please click on the Vacancy Information document for further details about this role and information on what to include in your application.
Advertisement out by: 11 February 2019
Closing Date: 3 March 2019
Shortlisting Date: 5 March 2019
Interview Dates: 14 March 2019