The above salary range will be pro-rated for part-time hours
Are you interested in supporting and caring for people?
If so, come and join our team here at Craven Vale.
Main advert detail
You will join a team of committed, friendly staff providing high level of support for adults (mainly older people) our aim is to provide support for someone who needs to undergo a period of rehabilitation after a hospital admission. This rehabilitation and assessment will enable service users to return home with or without a package of care or to be assessed for suitable residential or nursing care.
Craven Vale is situated in a residential area and has free parking facilities if you choose to work here. Our last CQC inspection rated the service as ‘good’ in all aspects of the care and support provided.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is friendly with a calming influence
- Wishes to support with personal care in a reabling way which encourages the service user to do as much as they can for themselves.
- Being a point of regular contact so the service user feels safe and well supported
- Providing opportunities for engaging with other service users to promote friendship and reduce social isolation.
- Keeping accurate records if required e.g. food & fluid charts; observation charts; bowel and bladder charts.
- Working closely with the multi-disciplinary team (nurses; physiotherapists; occupational therapists and social workers) in the sharing of information to provide good quality and safe care.
We can offer you:
- a higher rate of pay than the average market rate
- enhancements for working at the weekend
- a career average pension scheme
- generous holiday up to 25 days a year (Pro rata)
- regular supervision meetings with an experienced line manager
- a range of other staff benefits
Find out more about Living in Brighton & Hove on our website.
1 x 20 hrs post
1 x 21.5 hrs post
1 x 30 hrs post
We welcome applications from all sections of the community but particularly encourage applicants from a BME or White Other background as well as those who identify as disabled, male or trans as these groups are currently under-represented in our Directorate workforce.
For further information please contact the hiring manager:
Suzanne Newmeir, Assistant Operations Manager, 01273 295772
As part of Brighton & Hove City Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process, without prior notice if a suitable redeployee (internal employee at risk of redundancy) is identified.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
We highly recommend you read the ‘Branching Questions Guidance’ below before you apply for this job. Not following this guidance is likely to reduce your chances of success.