See recent press release HERE
Key benefits – Why work for Rotherham?
- Low case loads
- Strong support from Manager
- You will be developed into an excellent practitioner. All Social Care Professionals will be trained extensively in the ‘Signs of Safety’ operating model (15 day programme) and Restorative Practice approaches
- Early Help provision is strong, which is now reducing the demand for social care and supporting professionals with creative options for service users
- A new menu of ‘edge of care’ services are being developed, including ‘Intensive Adolescent Response’ and ‘Family Group Conferencing’
- Investment has been secured to ensure our most challenging young people have access to high quality therapeutic support
- Looked After Children are prioritised for CAMHS assessment and intervention
- Career Pathway
- The opportunity to make a real difference to the children and families in need of care
ABOUT THE LOOKED AFTER CHILDREN’S SERVICE
The Looked after Children’s Service consists of 5 teams.
Two teams specifically focus on Court Work and Permanency for:
- Younger Looked after Children subject to Court Care Proceedings.
- Pre Birth Assessments where a pre-proceedings process is ongoing (PLO).
- Early permanency planning.
- Children who have an adoption plan.
This advert is specifically for Social Workers in the Looked After Court and Permanency Teams.
- All of the teams are part of a wider service area including Leaving Care, Fostering and Adoption, the Virtual School and a dedicated Therapeutic Service. There are strong links to the Corporate Parenting Panel and Child in Care Council.
Rotherham is striving to become a child-friendly borough – as such we are caring and committed corporate parents to all looked after children in our care. The Looked after Children’s (LAC) Service has an ambitious programme of improvement and we are determined to provide good quality, stable care arrangements that will help them achieve their full potential and a better outcome in life.
We know how important it is to provide a dedicated social work service for looked after children throughout their journey in our care and when they are preparing to leave our care to become independent young adults. We are passionate about championing the needs of looked after children and young people and are determined to ensure that their voices are always heard and taken into account.
We will deliver on this promise to looked after children and young people – will you?
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
With new leadership in place and a heartfelt pledge to provide a best practice centre of excellence, we are committed to cultivating a positive, performance-led culture underpinned by plenty of support at all levels. Increasing the number of our teams and upgrading our systems we have reduced caseloads and paperwork, giving our staff more time to dedicate to building relationships that matter. We are confident that you will be joining an organisation that is rewarding in every sense. And most importantly, that will serve our community to the highest possible standards.
Our social worker positions are career graded so there is a clear pathway as you progress through the bands. As you move up you will meet increasing levels of responsibility, complexity of work and a higher emotional demand. We will offer support every step of the way, and our Practitioner Board provides a formal platform to share views and concerns with the service as a whole.
We have invested in training programmes and set out a clear career development pathway. From continuing your professional development with ongoing, practical training, to reaching senior management levels, at Rotherham there is a definite ladder to be climbed for those with talent and ambition. In return we are looking for a real commitment to making a difference to the children and families in need of our care.
You will have significant post qualification experience including experience of public law care proceedings and/or adoption and have an understanding of the complexities of managing Court Care Proceedings and Adoption casework. You will be skilled in writing complex assessment reports for Court and Adoption planning, ensuring that information is accurate and analytical.
You will deliver high quality social work practice, adhering to statutory guidance, local policy and procedures and the law.
You will have knowledge of evidence based best practice standards and Ofsted’s ‘good’ grade descriptors.
You will have experience of providing children’s services in a statutory social work setting.
You will have experience of assessing the safety and wellbeing of looked after children.
You will have experience of care planning and reviewing arrangements for looked after children.
You will strive to achieve timely permanency planning for looked after children.
You will have the ability to build a rapport and develop a relationship with looked after children and young people.
You will be able to work in partnership with parents and carers.
You will be able to work together with multi-agency partners, particularly in relation to education and health services.
You will be passionate about maximising a child’s life chances.
You will care.
If you have any questions regarding the roles please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org