SO2-PO1: Starting salary £32,592 pa rising in annual increments to £35,772 pa incl LW.
Lambeth’s development management team are currently recruiting for Planners. The department has recently undergone a restructure and these roles will provide exciting and rewarding long-term career opportunities for the successful applicants.
Lambeth is a thriving inner London borough which attracts iconic projects by international developers and world class architects such as the redevelopment of Shell Centre in Waterloo. The borough is unique in its variety of locations stretching from Waterloo and Vauxhall in the north, hosting a distinctive range of prominent cultural and riverside developments and tall building clusters, with vibrant and diverse town centres such as Brixton and Clapham, through to the up-and-coming areas of Streatham and West Norwood in the south.
We are looking for talented individuals with a passion for planning and shaping places that will help us deliver high quality developments throughout the Borough. The nature of the job therefore requires excellent written, verbal communication and negotiation skills. Whether it be working with high profile stakeholders and landowners, briefing elected members, or discussing issues with borough residents, you'll need confidence and the passion to help make our service the very best and stimulate growth within the borough. Your workload will included interesting and varied development proposals as the borough features world class cultural and tourist attractions, a wide range of housing, an exciting night-life, a significant number of conservation areas and listed buildings, successful retail and leisure destinations and large employment areas.
All candidates will need to have a relevant degree, and ideally be working towards, or have secured, chartered membership of the RTPI.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• Providing pre-application advice and clear guidance to applicants and agents with the submission of development proposals for a range of planning applications, including small-scale major projects;
• Processing of a range planning applications and related consents, including providing advice on submissions;
• Presenting applications at planning committee, with assistance from a Principal Planner.
• Preparing briefing notes for elected members and senior managers.
• Assisting senior planning officers on complex or major planning applications, including those which are subject to Planning Performance Agreements;
• Undertaking site visits, arranging and attending external meetings with developers, residents and elected members;
• Explaining every step of the planning process to our customers and providing a high level of customer service.
To discuss this opportunity in more detail, please contact Ben Le Mare, Area Team Manager, on 0207 926 6271 or at BLeMare@lambeth.gov.uk or Greg Woodford, Area Team Manager, on 0207 926 1420 or at GWoodford@lambeth.gov.uk
This post attracts the 7% market supplement that the service currently offers its professional Planning officers. Further details of the market supplement are included in the job description.
Closing date for receiving the completed application forms is Monday 25 February 2019 at midnight.
Please download the job description and person specification.