The team is responsible for investigating allegations of fraud against the Council, specifically relating to Housing and Right to buy fraud, Council Tax support fraud, Tenancy fraud, Social care fraud, Blue Badge fraud and internal fraud.
About the role
We are seeking a motivated individual to join our small team of investigators, within the Council’s Corporate Investigations Team. You will be visiting clients in their homes, gathering information, interviewing to PACE requirements, preparing cases for criminal prosecutions, keeping records of your investigation and writing reports.
- Ideally, you will already have some experience of public sector fraud in general and any relevant investigation qualifications would be advantageous.
- An understanding of RIPA & CPIA is desirable for this post.
- Investigative skills and attention to detail is a priority along with personal integrity and the confidence to interview people.
- The ability to use spreadsheets, report writing tools and to understand computerised data is desirable and you must be able to perform to deadlines and work as part of a team.
- Due to the nature of the work you may be required to work outside of normal office hours on occasion.
- We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
- A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Local Government Pension Scheme.
- 24 days holiday plus public holidays (rising to 32 after service).
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Season ticket loans.
- A range of local discounts.
For further information about the role please call Les Nicholson on 0118 937 2143 or email email@example.com
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.
Please be aware that for the purposes of equal opportunities, we can only accept Reading Borough Council application forms.
Internal Reading Borough Council employees must login via Employee Self Service to apply. If you have not yet been issued with your Employee Self Service account, or you have any queries, please email EmployeeSelfService@reading.gov.uk with details.
Closing date: 18 February 2019
Interview date: Not before 27 February 2019
Please note that these dates are indicative at this stage and may be subject to change.