Hillingdon Council: Putting our residents first.
About the job
Hillingdon's Bereavement Service is committed to delivering a high quality service that meets the religious, secular, ethnic and cultural needs of the bereaved within our communities.
Our Bereavement Service is recruiting a Crematorium Technician to provide a high standard of service within the Crematorium Chapels and Crematory and to ensure that the needs and requests of the bereaved families, visitors, funeral directors and stakeholders.
In this varied role you will assist with the preparation of the chapel for services, operate multimedia and crematory equipment, carry out identification checks, maintain crematorium records and interact with all who use our services.
About the person
You will be highly skilled at working in a sensitive environment, a good team player, reliable and able to communicate effectively, sensitively and empathetically with the bereaved, visitors, funeral directors and other stakeholders.
If you have a can do attitude and exceptional customer focussed mindset, we are keen to hear from you.
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 23 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
Additional Information continued
Disability Confident Employer
& Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy