Estates Surveyor x 2 - Advert
Asset Management and Property Services (AMPS)
Hours: 36hrs per week
Salary: £39,233- £48,429
Closing date: 10 March 2019
Are you interested in delivering for the community?
Elmbridge’s Asset Management and Property Services team (AMPS) is recruiting for experienced, committed and pragmatic people to help us make a difference in Elmbridge; we need you!
Estates management is a top priority for Elmbridge. Ensuring that we deliver a high quality, customer focused service to our community is paramount. We have recently revamped our Estates team to match our aspirations and are now looking for two senior managers who can take us on the next stage of our improvement journey, managing a variety of estates matters. We need people who can build effective working relationships with legal, property and finance teams and agencies, working collaboratively to improve efficiency and performance.
The work is varied and will include:
- managing commercial and residential assets - directly and with external agents
- managing service charges
- dealing with landlord and tenant queries
- working closely with in house property solicitors on matters that require escalation
- preparing weekly and monthly update reports
With a strong focus on value for money, you will help us promote improvements in contract delivery through benchmarking, improved processes and robust contract negotiations.
What is different about working here are the projects and the culture at Elmbridge Borough Council.
- Property investment – we are determined to provide excellent services for our customers despite the financial pressures facing local authorities. To do this we are investing in our towns, villages, high streets and people. Integral to your role will be property valuation and the accompanying due diligence processes.
- Leisure services – we are committed to providing our residents with the best community facilities. In 2017, we opened a £18M state-of-the-art Sports Hub but we haven’t stopped there and there more exciting projects on the horizon. Our leisure strategy is designed to enhance and protect both our leisure and cultural assets (leisure complex, swimming pool, theatre etc.) and you will partner with colleagues at Elmbridge to deliver for our residents.
- Day-to-day running of operational estate – we have a large operational estate which requires continued best practice estate management. As an integral part of the team you will ensure all estate records are up-to-date and can deliver the needs of our community.
As well as having a surveying degree, being a member of RICS and showing us that you continue to develop professionally, you will have experience of:
- property law and landlord and tenant practice
- valuation practice and investment property markets and trends
- an understanding of the RICS red book
You will be equally comfortable working independently as in a team, as well as being,
- committed to quality service
- happy to ‘muck in’ where appropriate
- appreciative of the value of clear and timely communications
We know we ask a lot, but the good news is that we give a lot too.
- Flexibility: And we really mean it! We know you have to juggle work and life commitments and we are happy and open to discussing the right mix for you – just give us a call.
- Wellbeing: When you thrive Elmbridge thrives, which is why we have developed a strong and varied wellbeing programme for our employees, from mindfulness to lunchtime table tennis – the options are there for you.
- Learning and development: We all know learning doesn’t stop when you leave university, it is an ongoing journey and we will support you on that journey by creating a bespoke learning and development plan.
We encourage you to read more on us and if you have any queries please give us a call.
Here are some reading options to help you with your decision making:
If you would like to talk to us about the role, please give Alex Williams 01372 474224 a call.
Our AMPS team consist of three elements: - facilities, estates and building and maintenance. We provide high quality property and facilities advice on all level to ensure a cost effective and statutory compliant estate which makes the best use of its assets whether they are operational assets used for service delivery or investment. You will enjoy an innovative and creative team who are hard-working and passionate about delivery but at the same time celebrate their successes and work cohesively with other teams in the organisation. What are you waiting for? #JoinUs