You will be a member of a multi-skilled account management and administration team that drives work forward to deliver fast and high quality customer service.
You will be managing and maintaining customer financial accounts relating to Rent Accounts, Council Tax, Business Rates and over payment of Housing Benefit as well as undertaking related coordination and administration duties. This will include:-
- maintaining customer account details
- setting up payment arrangements and direct debits in order to collect and recover Council owed debts
- dealing with accounts in arrears, requesting Attachments of Earnings or Benefits Orders.
- making contact with employers to ensure Orders are actioned
- processing a range of changes to customer records
- maintaining and updating Excel spreadsheets
- monitoring and reviewing arrangements
You will be IT literate, well organised, methodical and numerate with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. Experience of validating and processing payments and the maintenance and updating of databases is essential.