Barnsley Council’s IT plays a crucial role in supporting the delivery of services to the public. The Information Governance Team forms part of the IT service and are dedicated to the promotion and implementation of the Information Governance agenda across the Council. The team provide the focal point for the resolution and / or discussion of IG and records management issues. The team are responsible for devising and implementing policies and procedures which are embedded in the day to day operations of the Council and which are compliant with relevant legislation, standards and codes of practice and demonstrate good practice. The team provide staff awareness, advice and guidance to ensure that they understand and apply the policies and principles to their working practice and where these are not being adhered to assist with investigation and resolution.
The postholder will play a key role in supporting the delivery of a high quality and professional IG service and will:
· Provide the focal point for IG advice, guidance and awareness raising;
· Investigate; process and respond to ad-hoc operational requirements and information requests – particularly incident management;
· Ensure that approved systems, processes and methodologies are followed to ensure effective monitoring, control and support;
· Establish and maintain records and appropriate document control;
· Gather information, analyse data, prepare and present reports to a variety of audiences;
· Liaise and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders;
· Deliver ad hoc training when appropriate on key policies, systems and procedures to ensure compliance.
We are committed to the four important values: honesty, teamwork, excellent service, and taking pride in what we do. As part of our team, you can be sure we’ll do all we can to support you in being truly excellent.