Hillingdon Council: Putting our residents first.
About the job
Are you looking for a role where you can use your excellent administrative skills?
Do you like working in a fast-paced environment where continuous improvement and personal initiative are valued?
We have both full time (36 hours) and part time (18 hours) posts available. Please inform us in your application whether you are interested in full time or part time work. Please note that for part time posts, the salary advertised will be prorated.
Every day will bring a different challenge in this varied and interesting role as no two days are the same.
We are looking for administrators with excellent attention to detail to join our dynamic Technical Support Administration team.
While there is no ‘typical day’ in this role, tasks will include: updating databases, finance tasks, document management, minute taking, internal and external communication. The ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team are vital to meeting conflicting deadlines and priorities.
Please note that while many positions are based at the Civic Centre, we expect all staff to be able to travel to Council Office locations throughout Hillingdon, as directed by service needs.
About the person
Put your administrative and ICT skills to work, providing skilled and flexible support to the London Borough of Hillingdon’ Social Care teams.
You will have experience of supporting multi-disciplinary teams with comprehensive technical administration services and of developing and maintaining good working relationships with clients, senior colleagues and Members of the Council
You will be an enthusiastic person who is self-motivated, with a positive attitude and committed to Putting Our Residents First.
You are required to demonstrate strong examples of how you meet the job requirements and person specification. Please include your current CV in your application however please note that a CV alone will not be accepted.
Please ensure that you have addressed the application criteria in your responses.We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 23 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
Disability Confident Employer & Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy
Additional Information continued