Please note this is a fixed term contract funded by the European Social Fund until 31st August 2020. The annual salary is £19,260 - £21,682.
We are currently seeking a Youth Work Team Leader to supervise the development and delivery of youth work projects, as well as work directly with young people in informal settings and maintain professional and purposeful relationships.
The post holder will also work face to face with young people in specific youth work provisions, supervising the development and delivery of youth work projects and work directly with young people in informal settings and maintain professional and purposeful relationships.
- Develop and deliver a programme of imaginative activities, encouraging the active participation and involvement of young people in developing their skills, understanding of others and the world around them within the project or unit of provision. Ensuring that young people and staff are fully involved in this process
- Facilitate young people's learning and their personal and social development in accordance with the core values of youth work
- If required establish, maintain and manage resources including staff
- Keep accurate and efficient administrative systems and record keeping
Knowledge, skills and experience
- A nationally JNC recognised qualification in youth support work, minimum Level 2 (QCF, VRQ, NVQ or Local) with a willingness to undertake a relevant level three qualification
- Experience of working with innovative, social education programmes
- Ability to develop work with young people to achieve planned outcomesAbility to motivate staff
- Experience of successfully involving young people in decision making processes.
- Knowledge and experience of youth work methods and techniques.
- Excellent level of numeracy, literacy (GCSE A - C or equivalent or demonstrable experience) and ICT
- The job role requires you to be mobile throughout an operational area. Depending on the geographical area, access to a vehicle or another efficient mode of transport will be required
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.