Newham is committed to inclusion - providing services which are accessible and responsive to individual needs and to working in co-production with customers to ensure effective services.
Work and Health Programme Caseworker Health Qualified
£35,991 - £38,994 pa Fixed Term 1 year
• Will deliver bespoke health and employability interventions as part of the Work and Health Programme
• Will provide exemplary case management, including providing support, advice, advocacy and signposting to relevant health services to participants/customers referred to Local London Work and Health Programme, delivered in accordance with professional standards and best practice
• Will deliver a Support plan, including a range of personal development and health-related activities, to enable and inspire individuals to achieve sustained employment and non-employment progression measures, including improving wellbeing, self-confidence and level of independence.
• Will work in partnership with a wide variety of local agencies and the embedded Local London Work and Health Programme team to provide the best healthcare and employability support to individuals
• Knowledge and understanding of the Work and Health Programme and how it will be used to co-ordinate employment services around the individual
• Excellent understanding of the barriers faced by people with health and social care needs/ mental health conditions, in accessing employment.
• Knowledge of Support Plans (including personal development and health related activities) to enable and inspire individuals to overcome barriers and achieve and sustain employment and non-employment progression measures, including improving wellbeing, self-confidence and a level of independence.
• Registered Adult or Mental Health Nurse OR recognised qualification in a mental health related profession, recent relevant experience in an equivalent casework type role (MH Nurse/CPN) OR
• HCPC registered, member of Chartered Society of Physiotherapy, recent relevant experience in an equivalent casework type role (Physiotherapist) OR
• Experience as an HCPC registered social worker OR
• HCPC registered, holds approved degree or post-grad Diploma/Masters in Occupational Therapy, recent relevant experience in an equivalent casework type role (Occupational Therapist)
IMPORTANT: If you are an LBN member of staff and applying for this role as a secondment you should note that secondments are subject to the agreement of your current employing service. Please ensure that you inform your line manager of your intention to apply for the post in the first instance.