Senior Social Worker- FIT Parenting Assessment Team
Full Time – Permanent
• Do you have social work experience with children and families?
• Can you demonstrate high quality assessment skills?
• Have you experience of all aspects of care proceedings?
• Are you interested in developing your parenting assessment skills and knowledge?
We are looking to recruit a Senior Social Worker for the FIT Parenting Assessment Team.
As a Senior Social Worker, you will undertake Community Based Parenting Assessments for children and families who are subject of the Public Law Outline (PLO) or Care Proceedings. You will be responsible for preparing and undertaking the assessment with families and providing the final written report with recommendations. Families are provided with a Family Support Worker for the duration of the assessment and you will be responsible for planning the work that they complete during each assessment. You will also have supervisory responsibility for one of the Family Support Worker’s within the team.
You will have the opportunity to contribute towards the development of the team and identifying different resources required by families to ensure that recommendations are robust and in the best interest of children.
The hours are 9am-5pm but this can vary on a case by case basis. You will need to be flexible dependent upon the needs of each individual family during the assessment period.
We are looking for people who can demonstrate:
• A qualification in Social Work (BA, DipSw or equivalent)
• HCPC registration
• Experience of Statutory Social Work with Children and their Families
• Experience of care proceedings
• Excellent communication skills with children and their families
• Excellent parenting assessment skills
• The ability to produce high quality reports
• The ability to work independently
• The ability to make recommendations based on social work theory and knowledge
• PAMS training desirable but not essential
You will need to demonstrate the ability to be empathic and flexible whilst remaining child centred. You will be working as part of a team.
Experience of having previously undertaken Parenting Assessments for PLO and Care Proceedings will be an advantage.
Interviews will be held on 22nd February 2019
Redbridge is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young children, young people and vulnerable adults. Some posts will require a DBS disclosure check and references may also be taken up prior to interview.
Ambitious for Redbridge