Are you an experienced senior administrator in the education sector? Are you looking for a new challenge? The Falkland Islands offers a unique opportunity to live and work overseas in a beautiful and vibrant island community, working within an English school system.
The Falkland Islands Department of Education is seeking to recruit a highly organised and experienced Quality and Performance Co-ordinator to join our team in September 2019. This is an exciting opportunity to work across the primary and secondary education age range to design, deliver and evaluate standardised systems, procedures and protocols in order to assure the quality of and improve the performance of each section of the Education Directorate.
The Quality and Performance Coordinator will provide quality assurance and business management functions across the Education Directorate, which includes a primary school (300 students); a secondary school (170 students); a Training College and a residential unit providing accommodation for students who live in remote areas to enable them to attend full-time school. The successful candidate will join a dedicated team and work across all of our settings.
We are seeking to recruit a Quality and Performance Co-ordinator who:
- is a graduate with experience working in a senior administrative role within the education sector
- has experience of quality assurance and school business management
- has experience evaluating performance and contributing to improvement actions
- is an experienced financial planner and manager
- can demonstrate relevant qualifications to support the role
- is highly organised and can prioritise workload
- can demonstrate good analytical skills
- has excellent interpersonal skills and can motivate, develop and lead a team
- possesses excellent IT skills, in particular packages relevant to education
- A stimulating and supportive working environment with enthusiastic children who are keen to learn
- Salary ranging from £30-36k, depending on skills and experience
- Initial 2-4 years contract term, with potential for extension by mutual agreement
- Eligibility for a 25% gratuity payable upon satisfactory completion of the contract
- Flights to and from the Falkland Islands for you and recognised dependents, including annual return flights home, depending on contract length.
- Relocation allowance to help with moving costs.
- Accommodation to rent and a starter pack to help you settle in.
- Free education locally for dependent children to GCSE level.
- Favourable rates of income tax.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can download the job description and further information from our online vacancy page.
To apply, please complete our online application form from our vacancy page, by clicking on 'Apply Now' and completing the form. Alternatively, download an offline form from the same page and email to email@example.com before the closing date.
Applications will be open until 15.00 UK Time/12.00 Falklands Time on Friday 15 February 2019.
Interviews will be held between Monday 11 and Thursday 21 March 2019 either at the Falkland Islands Government Office in London or by telephone. More details about an interview task will be provided to shortlisted applicants.
If you have any further questions about this vacancy and how to apply, you can contact our HR team on firstname.lastname@example.org
The Working Environment
The Education Directorate is responsible for the provision of education throughout the islands. Great value is placed on education by Government, parents, students and the community as a whole. Primary and secondary education follows the English National Curriculum, from Early Years Foundation Stage to the end of Key Stage 4 (including SATs and GCSEs). Post-16 provision includes sponsorship of academic or vocational studies overseas (usually in the UK) or students may choose to further their skills through vocational learning provided locally by the Falkland Islands Training Centre.
Falkland Islands Government (FIG)
The Falkland Islands is a British Overseas Territory, with full internal self-government.
As the largest employer in the Falkland Islands, we offer many unique and fulfilling job opportunities, across the full spectrum of public services. Our responsibilities include those typically managed by central government – taxation, legislation and policy, as well as those usually managed on a local level such as town planning, health and social services, and education. FIG also provides services specific to the needs of the Falkland Islands, such as fisheries research, power generation and the Government Air Service, FIGAS.
For more information about working for Falkland Islands Government, take a look at our recruitment microsite: www.jobs.gov.fk
The Falkland Islands
Set in the South Atlantic Ocean, around 400 miles east of South America and 8000 miles south-west of the UK, the Falkland Islands are a small, thriving community with a British way of life, benefiting from good local services, a varied social calendar and an absence of traffic jams!
The Falkland Islands’ stunning natural environment provides an unspoiled landscape and amazing wildlife to observe and explore, including penguins, whales and dolphins, all seen from the shore.
For those with a sense of adventure, it provides opportunities which are hard to match anywhere else in the world.