St William of York Catholic Primary School, St William Road, Thornton, L23 9XH.
Tel: 0151 924 7280.
We are a one form entry school, with a thriving Nursery for 2 & 3 year olds, serving Thornton and the wider community. We were inspected by Ofsted in December 2018 and were judged as being GOOD overall.
Ofsted said ‘This is a happy and caring school where pupils thrive and achieve well. It fulfils its vision that ‘together everyone achieves more’.
The school was also awarded an “OUTSTANDING” judgment following on from the last Section 48 Inspection.
Key Stage 2 Teaching Assistant (1to1) Salary Grade: Grade C Point 10-13 £16.863-£17,391 Pro rata for Term Time & 30 hours (£8.98-£9.26 per hour) Contract Term: Fixed Term 1 year Start: As soon as possible
The Governors are seeking an outstanding classroom Teaching Assistant with a proven track record of raising attainment to join our highly committed staff to support a child with moderate learning difficulties.
The successful candidate will be:
- Experienced in supporting pupils’ learning through intervention strategies in Mathematics and English.
- Have experience of working with children on a 1 to 1 basis to support learning.
- Committed to raising standards, ensuring children achieve their full potential in acquiring the essential skills needed in reading, writing and numeracy.
- Adaptable and able to work on their own initiative & as part of a team.
- Committed to working in partnership with colleagues, other professionals and families.
- Be highly motivated with energy, vision and a passionate commitment to high quality teaching and learning.
- Demonstrate high expectations and standards in learning, teaching and behaviour.
Our school can offer you:
- A good school that seeks to provide outstanding opportunities and outcomes for its community.
- A welcoming, happy and caring environment where pupils and staff enjoy coming to school.
- A supportive and enthusiastic team of dedicated professionalsThe application form, job description and person specification are available on the links below. Applications with a covering letter may be submitted to Mrs S Middlehurst, School Business Manager by email or by hand by Thursday 28th March 2019 12 noon. The school email address is: email@example.com School visits are available on request.
Due to the nature of work the above post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and relevant care/safeguarding legislation and appointment will only be confirmed if a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure is obtained from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Closing Date: Thursday 28th March 2019 12 noon
Shortlisting: Thursday 28th March 2019 PM
Interviews: Tuesday 2nd April 2019
If you have not heard by 5pm on Thursday 28th March 2019 you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.