South Oxfordshire District Council and Vale of White Horse District Council are forward thinking local authorities, based in one of the most attractive areas of the country. They are looking for a professional, competent and enthusiastic person who is able to communicate well at all levels. An excellent benefits package is on offer including annualised hours (flexible working) and a career average pension scheme. They have modern open plan offices and smart working practices and the technology to support mobile working.
Position: Licensing and Support Officer
Location: Milton Park, Abingdon
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £21,154 to £24,705 per annum
Benefits: a generous annual leave entitlement, career average pension scheme, flexible annualised hours working arrangement, free car parking and more.
Closing date: Monday 8 February 2019
Interview date: 22 February 2019
About the role:
The post is dedicated to supporting the licensing team by providing administrative support to the licensing team leader and licensing officers, whilst also supporting best practice within the service. The team has responsibility for licensing and regulation of hackney carriages and private hire vehicles, drivers and operators, Licensing Act 2003, Gambling Act 2005, street trading and charitable collections.
- Receive and process all licence and related applications received through the post, electronically and in person via the daily appointment system
- Prepare licences for approval by licensing officers
- Take payments over the telephone in respect of applications and annual fees and to ensure the correct fees and charges are levied
- Advise applicants and the public on all basic queries relating to licensing matters
- Maintain licensing records using the licensing databases ensuring accuracy at all times
- 2 years’ experience in administration
- Competent user of Microsoft Office, e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to learn and use bespoke IT systems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Please note that all candidates who meet the essential criteria will be contacted via email and asked to complete an on-line application process. You will need to complete this process before the closing date otherwise your application will not be considered. The closing date for applications is 12 noon on 8 February 2019.
Because our client’s application process consists of completing a detailed application form please be aware that if you apply within 48 hours of the closing date, we may not be able to process your application quickly enough in order for you to complete the final stage.
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, and we confirm that we will gladly accept applications from persons of any age for this role.
You may have experience of the following: Licensing and Support Officer, Administrator, Licensing Support Officer. Support Officer, Licensing Administrator, Licensing Support Administrator, Support Administrator, Licensing Enforcement Officer, Enforcement Officer, Licensing Officer, Compliance Administrator, Compliance Officer, etc.