Projects and Improvement Manager
Up to 37 hours considered
Salary Scale – Grade 5 (£32,235 - £38,055)
The Council is establishing a new and ambitious programme of modernisation to achieve the corporate priorities aimed at delivering significant improvement and regeneration in Farnborough, Aldershot and the wider borough between now and 2020.
To underpin these ambitions the council is committed to ensuring that it remains financially sustainable for the future. The Rushmoor 2020 Modernisation and Improvement Programme is aimed at improving the customer experience, modernising service delivery, reducing costs and improving efficiency using digital technology.
This role provides an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual to help to shape and deliver the Councils priority projects.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work across the organisation, at all levels, to support and enable the delivery of modernisation and improvement projects.
- Ensure sound financial management of projects, overseeing and drafting the preparation of the associated capital and revenue budget bids, monitoring reports, financial returns and reports to Management, the Councils Cabinet, Panels and external partners as required.
- Work closely with the relevant managers and third parties to ensure projects are set up to include, where appropriate project initiation documentation, stakeholder identification, timescales and resource planning, issue and risk assessment and ensure stakeholder communication are in place.
- Support specific feasibility and or procurement related activities relating to the programme.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
- Real energy and commitment to modernisation and improvement
- An ability to articulate a clear vision, understanding of the wider context of change and focus on delivering results
- Experience of working across teams to deliver improvements or change
- Excellent written, verbal and all round communications skills
- An excellent knowledge of process and business redesign methodology
- An ability to demonstrate a personal commitment to delivering change and an understanding of the change process
- A keen interest in developing digital outcomes for customers
- Experience of managing complex projects that involve both Business and IT change
- The successful candidate is likely to have a strong understanding of local authority working, a good all round understanding of business change, project management, preferably Prince2 qualified and a record of delivering successful project outcomes.
Support will be provided for transition into the role. We will also provide training, mentoring and support to help you develop your skills.
The role will report directly to Nick Harding, Head of IT, Facilities and Projects. For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Nick Harding (01252 398650) or Karen Edwards, Executive Director (Customers, Digital & Rushmoor 2020) (01252 398800).