Revenues Team Leader
Waltham Forests Revenues Service is committed to improving collection and performance and providing high quality services to all of its residents.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Team leader for our Council Tax service to manage a high performing team and be an integral part of the Revenues Management Team.
Full time Positions –
1 x fixed term contract for 12 months
As we are looking for an experienced Team Leader the grade will be PO3.
Short-listing will therefore be based on the level of experience against the criteria within the job description and personnel specification
You will have to:
- Demonstrate a through understanding and knowledge of Council Tax and Business Rates legislation
- Experience of ensuring accurate billing collection and recovery of Council Tax and/or Business Rates
- Experience of developing and managing an efficient and effective billing and enforcement team in the revenues environment.
- Ability to review and update procedures, policies and documents to comply with legislation and operational requirements.
- Ability to produce clear and concise written communication.
- Ability to set team collection targets and monitor and review blockages to collection performance.
- The ability to meet challenging deadlines and targets
- Experience of using a variety of IT systems
- Experience of performance management and following absence procedures and policies.
All applicants must have the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with team members and other mangers across the service to build good working relationships.