Details of job
Job Title: Qualified Social Worker - Targeted Youth Support
Location: Hemel Hempstead & St Albans
Salary: Up to £33,136pa (dependent on experience) PLUS £4k market forces payment.
Hours: 37 per week
*Qualified and HCPC registered Social Worker.
*Post qualifying experience is essential and a proven track record of assessing the needs of young people and their families.
*Experience of either working with young people involved in the Youth Justice Service and/or of working with Children Looked After.
It is an exciting time to be joining our service as an experienced qualified Social Worker who is passionate and committed to providing support to young people and their families.
The Targeted Youth Support Service is a uniquely integrated service delivering a range of interventions to adolescents and their families, including undertaking Youth Justice Orders, Statutory Social Work to Children Looked After and family support/prevention work.
Hertfordshire’s Children Services has successfully achieved a “Good” rating from Ofsted. We are proud that our service, Targeted Youth Support Service, was specifically commended by Ofsted for its good work with adolescents.
We are a highly supportive and motivated team This is an excellent opportunity to further develop your skills of social work practice with adolescents and families and to truly influence the lives of young people.
* Managing complex cases to achieve positive outcomes, within a multi-agency environment
* Recording accurate and comprehensive case management information, using various IT packages
* Working in partnership with a wide range of key organisations and individuals
* Delivering appropriate interventions as part of an agreed package of support
Hertfordshire County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all of our employees. This includes:
Competitive starting salary of up to £33,136 depending on experience (pro-rata)
• Market Forces payment of £4,000 (pro-rata)
• Free parking at all our sites
- Car Lease Scheme
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
• Childcare Vouchers
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Staff discounts in gyms, travel agents, car sales, restaurants and days out – please visit www.hertsrewards.co.uk for more details
For an informal discussion please contact Vez Nani, Practice Manager on 01442 388755 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Sunday 17th February 2019
Interview Date: Monday 4th March 2019