Want to take one of the fastest growing and most innovative of cities to new heights?
You’ve come to the right place. Milton Keynes might be one of the last new towns, but it’s fast on track to become the largest South East England city outside of London, and we need people to help get us there.
Following a restructure, our forward-thinking and commercially focused planning department is looking for dynamic, proactive and experienced people to join our team. With aims for Milton Keynes to double in size to 500,000, by 2050, now is an exciting time to join a department that will lead it all.
Milton Keynes is a dynamic new town, much more than just roundabouts and concrete cows. We’re in the heart of the Cam-MK-Ox growth arc, leading the way in testing autonomous vehicles and robot deliveries. We’ve got outstanding areas of natural beauty and extensive parklands, making us a vibrant place to study, live and work. We’re on track to deliver Plan: MK’s 31,000 new homes by 2031 and we’re working hard making a great city greater.
- Leading officers – supporting and developing them in their planning responsibilities, the department’s working practices and our customer charter;
- Handling complex planning duties – including major developments;
- Engaging with internal and external stakeholders, ensuring planning policies and other issues are correctly interpreted and applied in the development management process;
- Attending and contributing expertise to meetings including site inspections, town/parish council meetings and internal meetings (this may require work outside of regular hours and location);
- Creating and maintaining cooperative and influential working relationships with a variety of stakeholders;
- Promoting the development management department, its regulations and best practices internally and externally – sometimes confronting challenging opinions; and
- Developing, maintaining and imparting up-to-date planning and enforcement legislation best practice and knowledge, ensuring that the council are always compliant and leading the way.
We recruit actively on values and behaviours and value proactivity, commercial mindedness and pushing the boundaries. If you can contribute to an iconic town’s growth, we may have a role for you.
For more details, please contact Paul Keen, Deputy Development Management Manager, on 01908 253239 or at Paul.Keen@milton-keynes.gov.uk.
Closing date: 17th February 2019
For further details and To apply, please visit the Milton Keynes Council Careers website http://bit.do/Senior-Planning-Officer-Dev-Control where you can fill in our application form.