If you are looking to work in a fast paced, dynamic and supportive team within the Adolescent Services under Families, Children and Learning, and you are an experienced assistant with excellent administrative skills, we would like to hear from you.
Main advert detail
We are looking for an efficient and focused Central Support Officer to support the Head of Service and Adolescent Services management team, whilst also being part of the central support team. This is a part-time position of 18.5 hours per week, one day being a Friday.
You will have a full induction to the work of the Adolescent Services which includes multi-agency and multi-disciplined staff. You will also provide proactive administrative support to a team of managers and multi-agency workers in a busy and pressurised office environment.
You will have experience of working in a busy office environment with the ability to prioritise your workload around the demands of the service whilst still managing to meet strict deadlines. This role involves the use of various computer packages and adhere to statutory deadlines. This role will involve some exposure to distressing information about young people and / or family circumstances.
You will need to be highly organised and have an ability to work both independently and as part of a team. You will need to enjoy solving problems and managing an evolving workload and computer literacy, knowledge of software programs and good time-management skills are essential. You will have experience of working in a busy office environment with the ability to prioritise your workload around the demands of the service while still managing to meet strict deadlines.
• A flexible, adaptable approach to work with the ability to multi-task effectively according to business priorities
• Ability to deal with confidential information tactfully and with discretion
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Experience in administration duties including arranging meetings and taking notes which may be of a complex and distressing nature, circulate information, liaise with internal and external services including the Police and NHS.
• Competent in working with Outlook and Microsoft Office IT packages.
• Ability to deal with confidential information tactfully and with discretion.
• Organised, calm, efficient and effective worker
Our offer to the successful candidate:
* Career average pension scheme.
* 23 days annual leave (pro-rata) rising to 27 days after 5 years’ service + 2 days discretionary leave
* LSCB Formal Induction Training
* Being an active member of the Central Support Team
* 1-2-1 support from the Business Support Manager
* A program of learning and development opportunities through our Learning Gateway- including Apprenticeship Qualification opportunities.
* An online toolbox of resources and experienced team of colleagues to support the work.
* Benefits including bus ticket and cycle loads; reduced gym membership with Freedom Leisure
* Childcare voucher scheme
* Discounts in selected shops and restaurants around the city and nationally through the Staff Shop.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community but particularly encourage applicants from a BME or White Other background as well as those who identify as disabled, LGB, male or trans as these groups are currently under-represented in our Directorate workforce.
For further information please contact:
Nicola Boyle, Business Support Manager
DD: 01273 295972
Sue Thorne, Business Support Manager
Interview Date: 5th & 6th March 2019.
TO APPLY - as part of your application, you will need to answer some Branching Questions. To help you, some guidance have been attached to the advert below.
As part of Brighton & Hove City Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process, without prior notice if a suitable redeployee (internal employee at risk of redundancy) is identified.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.