Full Time, Permanent
This is an exciting time to be working for the London Borough of Redbridge as a new management team we are renewing the way we work to create an innovative council and a thriving borough.
The Strategy Directorate is at the heart of our vision for change. Bringing together strategy, transformation, data analysis, communications and commercial; we combine our skills to help the Borough solve its most complex problems. Members of our team find themselves tackling challenges that range from recruiting social workers to redesigning our work brokerage service, from reducing homelessness to regenerating our town centres.
You can read more about our plans
We are currently seeking an exceptional individual to fill this critical role.
The role will be in the Business Intelligence Team as part of the Strategy Directorate and is responsible for providing data analysis across a range of departments for the Council. You will be working alongside service areas using a range of data tools and business intelligence solutions to deliver statutory and non-statutory data analysis.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to be at the heart of change, data analytics and develop a wide range of skills. This role will give the successful candidate lots of opportunities to engage with a wide range of stakeholders and projects. If you want to develop your data analytical skills, then this role will be of interest to you.
The successful candidate would be trained in Power BI and work in an environment where the use of this tool is enjoyed and commonplace.
About the Role
You will be:
• Responsible for the delivery of in-depth geographic and spatial analysis of data using corporately available Geographic Information System (GIS) and map data tools including MapInfo, QGIS and more.
• Balance GIS statutory returns for Planning and Regeneration and Business Intelligence Hub with the day-to-day demands of a multitude of core responsibilities relating to GIS work.
• You will utilise GIS/mapping skills for any given projects and your technical skills to visually enhance and manipulate data, providing meaningful analysis and map production.
• Deliver to a consistently high standard and work closely with project teams to support the delivery of the full project cycle.
• Offer forward-thinking developments and create bespoke systems where required, e.g. liaising with IT and Council departments to create and support a customized installation of QGIS to replace proprietary geospatial data viewing software.
• Manage and update Ordnance Survey and other geospatial datasets that feed into our corporate GIS
• Experience with QGIS, MapInfo or other geospatial technology
• Desire to use and enhance problem-solving and analytical skills
• Strong visual presentation skills
• Proven ability to deliver and passion to make a difference
• Proficiency in geospatial data management
Not a requirement but would be advantageous if you also have any of the following:
• Experience with local authority systems, e.g. APAS, Spectrum Spatial, Swift
• Experience in building web maps or bespoke map applications
• Knowledge of cartographic design principles
• Knowledge of SQL, R or DAX
• Experience with FME
• Experience with Power BI or other dashboard and data insights application
For further information about the job role contact: - John.Phillipson@redbridge.gov.uk 0208 708 5660 or 0208 708 5122 Angela.Mathews@redbridge.gov.uk
Interviews will be held on 28th February and 1st March 2019
Ambitious for Redbridge