Salary: £27,024 - £34,431 pa
We need someone who can work well with others but also on their own; someone who is thorough and who pays attention to detail and has an interest in protecting the character and environment of the borough. If that someone is you, please read on.
You will be working in Elmbridge, a vibrant and progressive Borough Council located between the River Thames and the M25.
- thriving town centres and communities
- areas of Green Belt land
- and excellent links to both Central London and Surrey.
All of which attracts a great deal of investment and development and makes it an exciting place to be a planner.
Enthusiasm and energy
We have a vacancy for a Compliance Officer in our Planning Compliance team. You will join a team of officers to help us investigate and resolve alleged breaches of planning control. Sometimes these could be quite complex cases which will involve interpretation of Planning legislation in liaison with colleagues in Planning and Legal, and dealing with sensitive and difficult situations.
You will have excellent communication skills, as well as the ability to remain calm with customers who may be angry or upset. As part of delivering excellent customer services, you will also have the ability to understand and clearly explain complex rules.
Flexibility and development
- We can offer flexible working, compressed hours or working from home.
- You can grow at Elmbridge through our bespoke learning and development and talent management programme.
- In addition to a generous annual leave allowance, you will also be offered leave for dependency, maternity and paternity support.
- Not forgetting our excellent pension and discounts with various local organisations and free staff parking.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, apply online or if you would to know more you can contact Paul Falconer on 01372 474808 or visit http://careers.elmbridge.gov.uk to find out more about working for Elmbridge Borough Council.
You may also be interested in hearing from Paul and Katie, two members of our planning team.