Essex Youth Service is passionate about young people achieving their potential.
Working with partners in the statutory and voluntary sector and local communities we are committed to helping young people succeed and promoting their voice in all aspects of their lives.
We are currently seeking Youth Support Workers to join our team on an as and when basis, contributing to the development and delivery of the Duke of Edinburgh's Award programme, encouraging the active participation of Award. It will involve supporting the evening sessions plus delivering the overnight expedition sections when required.
Youth Support Workers work with young people by:
- Making contact and establishing relationships with young people.
- Encouraging and enabling young people to participate in a range of personally challenging activities.
- Ensuring access to information and personal support, which enables young people to develop the confidence and skills to become creative, active and critical participants in the wider community.
- Experience and qualifications in Lowland hill walking desirable
- Qualified at level 2 or above in a JNC recognised Youth Work Qualification or be prepared to undertake and have completed required training and accreditation within 2 years of starting.
- Excellent level of numeracy, literacy (GCSE A - C or equivalent or demonstrable experience) and ICT
- Experience of working with young people which may be in a voluntary role
- Ability to build relationships and relate well to young people
- Ability to motivate young people and facilitate young people's learning
- Commitment to challenging prejudice and ignorance
- Ability to develop work with young people to achieve planned outcomes
- Ability to work as part of a team
- The job role requires you to be mobile throughout an operational area. Depending on the geographical area, access to a vehicle or another efficient mode of transport will be required
- Ability to work across Essex as per service needs
- Ability to undertake evening, weekend, residential work as required in order to meet service needs
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.