Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
The council is embarking upon a major programme of change to modernise the way we work and reduce our carbon footprint. We will be moving to a new landmark building in 2019 located in Hounslow town centre, and our new technology will enable staff to work remotely and flexibly to improve the service we provide to residents and to help our staff achieve a better work/life balance. To find out more please visit: http://hounslowciviccentre.org.uk/
Hounslow have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Employer Engagement Manager to join the Lifelong Learning, Skills & Employment Team.
Hounslow is an ambitious Council, with plans to increase the number of local businesses that it supports in the promotion of apprenticeship and training opportunities. You will be highly motivated and have a proven track record within a target driven environment. The role of The Employer Engagement Manager is pivotal to the delivery of the Council’s Apprenticeship Pledge and Strategy. The successful applicant will be responsible for engaging with businesses across the borough.
- To support the delivery of the Councils Apprenticeship Strategy, proactively promoting apprenticeship, training and work experience opportunities. Creating skills training proposals in line with employer/sector requirements. Support and advise local businesses on how to effectively use their apprenticeship levy, and for those business who do not have levy monies, advise how they can access to support their workforce development
- Lead the development and delivery offer for local businesses targeting sectors where there is most need to support the local labour supply chain to work with employers and training providers to understand supply and demand issues and develop programmes that will meet the needs of industry and individuals.
- To pro-actively manage the relationship with developers and their contractors on sites in the borough where s106-related training and employment activity is taking place. To ensure all sites are delivering on their s106 training and employment commitments, and all outcomes and spending are recorded and reported accurately
- Line manage small team
- Proven ability to analyse quantitative and qualitative data to produce related reports, undertake regular research and development analyse workforce data to identify trends, gaps and good practice
- Knowledge and understanding of apprenticeship training, skills and employment issues with experience of implementing the apprenticeship levy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to draft accurate reports in plain English and present complex information in an easily understandable format
- Demonstrates commercial awareness and understands working practices of private sector companies and public-sector companies
Essential for The Role
- Demonstrable expertise in management of training and / or job brokerage initiatives
- Have relevant vocational or professional qualifications in training/skills and employment sector. Extensive proven experience of working in the skills & employment sector.
- Working to degree level. Excellent IT skills, level 2 literacy and numeracy or equivalent GCSE 4-9 /A* - C
- Desirable: Information Advice & Guidance qualification up to level 6
Desirable: Experience of generating and managing skills and employment opportunities through planning policy and activity (s106).
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the employee specification.
To view the Hounslow Employee Benefits, Job Description and Employee Specification please visit our website.
To apply, please click on the link below
Closing date: 24th January 2019
Interviews will be held during week commencing: 30 January 2019