This is an exciting opportunity to lead and manage the Surveying Teams within Building Services working across a wide range of high value capital projects including new build. Ensuring all projects are appropriately surveyed, specified, scheduled, procured and contract managed.
We have recently completed a programme of around 180 high quality, affordable housing units and demand has been so strong that the Council is now looking to build a further 1000 dwellings over the next 10 years.
The successful applicant will play a pivotal role in all surveying activities and promote Health and Safety across Building Services and will also play a key role in the development and monitoring of the Housing Asset Management Plan.
You should have relevant experience within the construction industry, a knowledge and understanding of housing repair and maintenance together with a good working knowledge of CDM regulations and the roles of the duty holders on the specific contracts.
You should also have experience of budget management, a sound knowledge of contract documentation and preparation and experience in project management and procurement methods.
In return, the rewards for working at the Council will go beyond the salary you will receive with numerous additional benefits such as:
• 31 days annual leave, plus public holidays
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
• Enhanced Maternity/Paternity and Adoption Leave Payments
• Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
• Flexi Time Scheme
• Cycle to Work Scheme in partnership with Halfords
• Access to Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services
• Regular health and wellbeing initiatives
• Reduced membership to the Dolphin Centre's 'Fit 4 Life' package
For detailed information on this role, please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification.
For a further informal discussion, please contact Mike Chapman, Head of Building Services, on 01325 406644.