Full time - 2 posts
Soulbury Scale A pts 2-7 (plus up to 3 SPA points)
Salary 39,561 - 48,520 (Inc. Outer London Allowance)
Up to 51,826 with existing SPA points 1&2
SPA points 1&2 already awarded will be continued
We are seeking to appoint four Educational Psychologists for these permanent posts as soon as possible. You will need to be a fully qualified Educational Psychologist who is HCPC registered or due to complete your training this academic year and therefore eligible to register. The posts will involve a range of EP work including preventative (e.g. early years), school based allocation and post 16 opportunities.
Applications are welcome from both trainees due to qualify in September 2019 and experienced candidates
Redbridge is an attractive service for the following reasons:
• It is situated in the North East of London offering the advantages of rapid transport to Central London and easy access to the M11. The London Borough of Redbridge is currently undergoing a regeneration project which includes the development of Cross Rail links.
• The service has a long established and successful consultation framework which underpins its work with schools.
• EPs are allocated a small patch of schools with a generous time allocation. This allows EPs to work in a flexible and creative way across different levels of practice. Our schools are inclusive and are open to new ways of working in line with our evidence-based practice. Some examples of how EPs are currently working in the service are;
o Training: Using a Lego based approach to facilitate social skills.
o Parent Groups using the Tree of Life Intervention
o Supervision Groups to support the emotional development and skill building of staff
o The use of Video Interactive Guidance (VIG) and Video Enhanced Reflective Practice (VERP) with parents, teachers and children.
• Opportunities are available to all EPs for research, projects and therapeutic work.
• There are a range of CPD opportunities including; Whole service VIG training, Solution focused approaches to consultation, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
• There are strong links to the University of East London
• The Service is highly valued by schools and other agencies: EPs are seen as key to support vulnerable children, multi-agency working and school development. The Service has fulfilled a pivotal role in developing person-centred practice.
• Successful applicants will benefit from the support of a friendly, supportive, well-established team who meet regularly to share practice and enable whole team development. Applicants will receive an induction programme tailored to their needs, supportive peer and individual supervision, and an annual service CPD programme.
• Educational Psychologists in Redbridge are based in a newly built Children’s Resource Centre in a scenic location, west of the borough. This is close to the Central line tube.
• EPs in Redbridge have the use of individual iPad with internet connection when out of the office.
In addition to the above posts, we welcome applications from fully qualified EPs who would be interested in joining our locum panel, either for occasional work or to fill longer term vacancies which arise.
For an informal discussion please contact Karen Wilson, Principal Educational Psychologist 020 8708 6024, Eunice Peter, Senior Educational Psychologist 020 8708 6027 or Kay Charalambous Senior Educational Psychologist 020 8708 7543
Proposed Interview date 6th February 2019
Ambitious for Redbridge